This is a wonderful overview of a country that evokes thoughts of high mountains, hardy people and beautiful Buddhist and Hindu architecture. You start in Bhaktapur, one of the city states of the Kathmandu valley, before heading north-west to a village called Nuwakot. You then head to the steamy lowlands of Chitwan and hopefully spot rhino and maybe even tiger!
The Chameleon team have arranged many holidays to Nepal over the years and have prepared the following itinerary based on our personal recommendation and experience. This multifaceted journey encompasses every aspect of Nepal, from bustling and historic cities, to wildlife rich lowlands and finally to the highest mountains on earth.
- Kathmandu city states
- The Annapurna Massif with Fishtail Mountain
- Chitwan National Park with rhino and tiger
- Historical Bandipur
- Nuwakot Farm and Nuwakot bazaar
- The religious and ethnic cocktail that is Nepal
- Day 1 Depart UK
- You depart on your international flight which is usually overnight if coming from Europe
- Day 2 Bhaktapur
- On arrival transfer direct to Bhaktapur, one of the Kathmandu city states. Here you find incredible Hindu and Buddhist architecture and wonderful crafts. You have a city tour here and then free time to explore.
- Day 3 Nuwakot
- After lunch you head north-west to Nuwakot and the Famous Farm. This is a set of restored buildings on a ridge above a delightful valley. Not only are the views stunning but the place has great historical significance too.
- Day 4 Nuwakot
- Today you explore the area around this working organic farm. The buildings themselves are fascinating with huge beams and brickwork creating a lovely patchwork of colour which contrasts well with the lush and flower filled slopes of the gardens and terraces.
- Day 5 Chitwan
- Chitwan is the oldest national park in Nepal and provides some of the most suitable habitat for two key regional species, the royal Bengal tiger and the Asian one-horned rhino. Tigers are incredibly elusive, however you should spot rhinos.
- Day 6 Chitwan
- During your stay in Chitwan you will head out on a canoe along the Rapti river in search of mugger and hopefully gharial crocodiles. You will also mount elephants for safari excursions - certain to be a real highlight.
- Day 7 Bandipur
- After a final early morning look for wildlife in Chitwan you head north to Bandipur, a trading town on the old route between British India and independent Tibet. Our accommodation tonight is a converted Newari mansion, complete with low ceilings... mind your head!
- Day 8 Camping
- You drive to Begnas, famous for its lovely lakes: Begans Tal and Rupa Tal. The Annapurna skyline looms in the distance as you head north-west towards it. You set up camp after a gentle day's walking.
- Day 9 Pokhara
- You continue in the morning through rhododendron forests and poinsettia lined rivers. You will also be sure to see plenty of birdlife. You approach the Annapurna gateway town of Pokhara, with its stunning views and Phewa Tal - another idyllic Himalayan lake.
- Day 10 Kathmandu
- Today is the end of our journey around this delightful Himalayan kingdom, as you fly back to Kathmandu and spend the night in the capital. Venture out into the old hippy district of Thamel or wander around the Durbar square.
- Day 11 Depart Kathmandu
- Flight times permitting you explore a bit more before being transferred to the airport for onward travel.
- Day 12 Arrive UK
- Arrive in the UK after your overnight flight.
Tailor-made holidays are just that, tailored to your own individual needs, wants and wishes. As such, each trip is different and each price is different. For pricing, we ask that you discuss your individual requirements with our travel specialists so that they may provide you with a ballpark figure, or a detailed itinerary and quotation. So, for a price, please just get in touch.
Chameleon Tailor Made are experts in helping people arrange their perfect holiday, think of it as a ‘made-to-measure’ service.
If this suggested itinerary has inspired you, please click below to provide us with some basic information about yourself. We will then use this information to present you with a personalised quotation which we believe matches what you are looking for, as well as making further recommendations.
GET A QUOTE
Classic walking in a stunning region. Annapurna…
Bardiya National Park
Remote and little visited, with abundant…
Stronghold of rhino, sloth bear and tiger.…
Get close to the highest point on Earth. The…
A living museum - architecture, culture and…
Koshi Tappu Region
Wetlands with gangetic dolphins, birds and wild…