Classic Zambia, Safari in South Luangwa and Victoria Falls
Spend five nights on a Zambian safari in one of Africa's top wildlife destinations - South Luangwa before continuing to the mighty Victoria Falls for three nights. You time in South Luangwa will be split between a traditional safari lodge and a bush camp giving the best possible game viewing.
The Chameleon team have arranged many holidays to Zambia over the years and have prepared the following itinerary based on our personal recommendation and experience.
- Spend five nights in South Luangwa - one of Africa's top safari destinations
- Take walking safaris, game drives and night safaris
- Spot elephant, lion, leopard, wildebeest, giraffe, zebra, impala, hyena, hippo...
- See the might Zambezi River tumble over Victoria Falls
- Take boat trips, walks or simply relax at your Victoria Falls lodge
- Day 1. Depart UK
- Fly from the UK to Zambia overnight. Options include Kenya Airways via Nairobi or direct flights with British Airways.
- Day 2. Arrive Lusaka
- Morning arrival into Lusaka, Zambia's capital. You'll be met on arrival and assisted with your transfer onto your domestic flight to Mfuwe in South Luanga. Your safari guide will meet you at Mfuwe Airport and drive you to your first lodge where you have time to relax after your journey. Later in the day, you'll have a game drive and after sundowners you will take a trip to spot nocturnal species such as genet, civet, porcupine and honey-badger, rarely seen in daylight hours. Return to camp around 7:30pm for dinner. Spend the first two nights at either Kapani Lodge or Chinzombo.
- Day 3. South Luangwa
- Your first full day on safari in South Luangwa. Experience the area on walking safaris, the speciality of South Luangwa as well as game drives. Much wildlife is found along the banks of the Luangwa River, including crocodiles, hippo, elephant, buffalo, and more. Overnight at Kapani or Chinzombo.
- Day 4. South Luangwa Bush Camp
- Today you'll leave your lodge behind and either walk or game drive onto your next destination - a small bush camp such as Kakuli or Mchenja where you spend the next three nights. The bush camps are in some of the less visited parts of South Luangwa maximising your game viewing opportunities.
- Days 5 and 6. South Luangwa Bush Camp
- Spend two days at your bush camp on walking safaris and game drives. Overnight at Kakuli Bush Camp or Mchenja Camp.
- Day 7. To Victoria Falls
- Return to Mfuwe airport for flights via Lusaka to Livingstone the town on the Zambian side of Victoria Falls. You'll be met at Livingstone airport and taken to your lodge where you spend the next three nights at Waterberry Lodge or Tongabezi.
- Days 8 and 9. Victoria Falls
- Two full days for activites from your lodge including a visit to the mighty falls themselves. Overnight at Waterberry Lodge or Tongabezi.
- Day 10. Depart Zambia
- You'll return to Livingstone airport for your flights back to the UK.
- Day 11. Arrive UK
- Arrive UK.
Tailor-made holidays are just that, tailored to your own individual needs, wants and wishes. As such, each trip is different and each price is different. For pricing, we ask that you discuss your individual requirements with our travel specialists so that they may provide you with a ballpark figure, or a detailed itinerary and quotation. So, for a price, please just get in touch.
Chameleon Tailor Made are experts in helping people arrange their perfect holiday, think of it as a ‘made-to-measure’ service.
If this suggested itinerary has inspired you, please click below to provide us with some basic information about yourself. We will then use this information to present you with a personalised quotation which we believe matches what you are looking for, as well as making further recommendations.
GET A QUOTE
Lower Zambezi National Park on the North bank of…
If you are seeking a Luxury African Safari,…
On the border of Zambia lies a land-locked gem;…
Situated in Eastern Zambia, the South Luangwa…
The spectacle of Victoria Falls, one of the 7…
Pioneered in the Zambian wilds, walking safaris…