Colombia Coast to Coast
13 days - From £2,995 (including flights)
This Colombia holiday takes in perhaps the two most special places in Colombia - the wild Pacific Coast near Nuqui and the unspoilt Caribbean island of Providencia. These, combined with the dazzling colonial city of Cartagena on mainland Caribbean Coast make for a truly memorable trip.
We think this is an excellent trip, taking in some of the very best of Colombia and have visited all these places ourselves. Providencia and the Pacific are little visited, and all the better for it - you'll have wild beaches almost to yourself. On the Pacific, there is excellent whale watching from July to October, as well as boat trips and walks all year round. The little island of Providencia is an extremely laid back place, a beautiful Caribbean island with just a handful of small guesthouses and hotels.
- Enjoy the wild beauty of the Pacific Coast
- Explore the unspoilt Caribbean island of Providencia
- Surf, paddle board or whale watch on the Pacific
- Snorkel, walk or swim on Providencia
- Wander the colonial streets of Cartagena
- Day 1. Fly to Colombia
- Departing the UK in the morning, you'll fly to Colombia's second city, Medellin, with a change of plane in Madrid or Miami. You arrive the same evening, will be met at the airport and taken to your hotel where you spend one night.
- Day 2. To the Pacific Coast
- In the morning you'll fly from Medellin to Nuqui on the Pacific Coast where you spend the next three nights. You'll transfer by boat from Nuqui, and stay at El Cantil Ecolodge, situated amidst jungle on the wild Pacific coast of Colombia's Choco region. It is built on the highest principles of sustainability and offers unforgettable experiences for travellers.
- Days 3 and 4. Pacific Coast
- Activities available here include whale-watching trips by launch (July to October), jungle walks and visits to thermal pools and a local community. Kayaks and paddle boards are also available for hire and you can take lessons in surfing and paddle-boarding (the owners are extremely competent in both). The surf nearby (and right on the beach in front) can be fantastic - around 2 metres on a good day.
- Day 5. To Cartagena via Medellin
- In the morning you'll return to Nuqui airport and fly back to Medellin. On arrival you'll be met at the airport and taken on a tour of the city before your evening flight onwards to Cartagena. In Cartagena you'll be met and taken to your hotel in the historic part of the city where you spend the next three nights.
- Days 6 and 7. Explore Cartagena
- You have two days to explore the lively colonial city of Cartagena on the shores of the Caribbean. On the first day we include a half day guided tour, the remainder of the time you have free to wander the pretty streets on your own.
- Day 8. To Providencia
- From Cartagena, you'll fly via the island of San Andres to Providencia. There are lovely white sand beaches, clear seas and a mountainous and forested interior. There is excellent snorkelling to be had here.
- Days 9 and 10. At leisure on Providencia
- You have two full days to do as much or as little as you like on Providencia. Be sure to sample the simply prepared, excellent sea food during your stay.
- Day 11. To Bogota
- Leaving Providencia behind, you fly via San Andres to Bogota. You'll be met at the airport and taken to your hotel in the colonial centre - La Candelaria. Spend your final night in Colombia here.
- Day 12. Bogota tour and return to the UK
- In the morning, you'll have a tour of some of Bogota's main sights, including the wonderful gold museum. Later, you'll be taken to the airport for your overnight flights back to the UK.
- Day 13. Arrive UK
13 days - From £2,995 (including flights)
Price is from £2,995 per person based on two people sharing a twin or double room - includes flights from the UK and all domestic flights. Accommodation used is of 2-3 star standard which can be upgraded in Medellin, Cartagena, Providencia and Bogota for a supplement. Single supplement approximately £750. Exact price will vary depending on dates and flight availability.
Chameleon Tailor Made are experts in helping people arrange their perfect holiday, think of it as a ‘made-to-measure’ service.
If this suggested itinerary has inspired you, please click below to provide us with some basic information about yourself. We will then use this information to present you with a personalised quotation which we believe matches what you are looking for, as well as making further recommendations.
Amazon & Los Llanos
This area covers more than half of all Colombia,…
Bogota & Around
Bogota, the capital of Colombia and its largest…
Boyaca & Santander
Travelling north of Bogota, you first reach the…
San Andres and Providencia are Caribbean islands…
Colonial treasures on the Caribbean Coast. Once…
Discover Colombia's past by staying at a…
Miles of untouched coast fringed by virgin…
The River Magdalena flows from the south of…
Tayrona National Park is on the Caribbean Coast.…