Colombia Coast to Coast
12 days | From £2,750 (including flights)
This trip takes in some of the most beautiful places in Colombia - the wild Pacific Coast near Nuqui where you can whale watch, the unspoilt Caribbean island of Providencia and Tayrona National Park.
We think this is an excellent trip, taking in some of the very best of Colombia and have visited all these places ourselves. The Pacific is little visited, and all the better for it - you'll have wild beaches almost to yourself. There is excellent whale watching from July to October, as well as boat trips and walks all year round.
- Enjoy the wild beauty of the Pacific Coast
- Explore Santa Marta and visit nearby Tayrona National Park
- Surf, paddle board or whale watch on the Pacific
- Wander the colonial streets of Cartagena
- Day 1 (Friday) - Fly to Colombia
- Departing the UK late evening, fly overnight to Bogota and connect onwards to Cartagena.
- Day 2 (Saturday) - Arrive Cartagena
- Arrive Cartagena in the morning, where you'll be met at the airport and driven to your hotel. You have early check-in included. Following some time to rest, you'll have an afternoon walking tour of Cartagena. Spend two nights at Hotel Monterrey.
- Day 3 (Sunday) - Cartagena
- You have a day at leisure to explore Cartagena on your own.
- Day 4 (Monday) - To Santa Marta
- You'll be driven from Cartagena along the Caribbean coastline to Santa Marta, a journey of about five hours. Spend two nights at Casa Verde.
- Day 5 (Tuesday) - Tayrona National Park
- Spend a full day on a tour of Tayrona National Park where jungle runs down mountain sides to wild beaches and crashing waves.
- Day 6 (Wednesday) - To Bogota
- Following a morning at leisure in Santa Marta, fly to Bogota. You'll be met at the airport and driven to Casa Deco where you spend the next two nights in Bogota's colonial centre - La Candelaria.
- Day 7 (Thursday) - Bogota
- You'll have a guided walking tour of Bogota visiting some of the main sights, such as the Gold Museum and Monserrate by cable car for panoramic views.
- Day 8 (Friday) - To the Pacific Coast
- In the morning you'll fly from Bogota via Medellin to Nuqui on the Pacific Coast where you spend the next three nights. You'll transfer by boat from Nuqui, and stay at El Cantil Ecolodge, situated amidst jungle on the wild Pacific coast of Colombia's Choco region. It is built on the highest principles of sustainability and offers unforgettable experiences for travellers.
- Days 9 (Saturday) and 10 (Sunday) - Pacific Coast
- Activities available here include whale-watching trips by launch (July to October), jungle walks and visits to thermal pools and a local community. Kayaks and paddle boards are also available for hire and you can take lessons in surfing and paddle-boarding (the owners are extremely competent in both). The surf nearby (and right on the beach in front) can be fantastic - around 2 metres on a good day.
- Day 11 (Monday) - Depart Colombia
- You'll fly from Nuqui to Medellin, and from there via Bogota back to the UK.
- Day 12 (Tuesday) - Arrive UK
12 days | From £2,750 (including flights)
Price is from £2,750 per person based on two people sharing a twin or double room - includes flights from the UK and all domestic flights. Accommodation used is of 2-3 star standard which can be upgraded in Medellin, Cartagena, Providencia and Bogota for a supplement. Single supplement approximately £700. Exact price will vary depending on dates and flight availability.
If you wish to follow the itinerary exactly, departure from the UK needs to be on a Friday, however, we can adapt the itinerary to fit with other days of the week.
Chameleon Tailor Made are experts in helping people arrange their perfect holiday, think of it as a ‘made-to-measure’ service.
If this suggested itinerary has inspired you, please click below to provide us with some basic information about yourself. We will then use this information to present you with a personalised quotation which we believe matches what you are looking for, as well as making further recommendations.
GET A QUOTE
Real highlights included seeing whales so close, meeting so many amazingly welcoming and friendly people, staying in the beautiful, tranquil and sustainably run El Cantil - and the food there - truly fabulous! E Lewis, August 2013
Bogota & Around
Often the start or end of a trip, the capital of…
San Andres and Providencia are Caribbean islands…
Colonial streets and boutique hotels - Cartagena…
Discover Colombia's past by staying at a…
Los Llanos are tropical grassland plains…
Lost City Trek
The Lost City or Ciudad Perdida is reached by a…
Mompox & Honda
The River Magdalena flows from the south of…
With remote lodges and miles of untouched coast…
San Agustin is an impressive archaeological site,…
Tayrona National Park is on the Caribbean Coast.…
The mighty Amazon passes through the southernmost…
Villa de Leyva
Travelling north from Bogota, you reach the…