Experience a taste of India on one of our favourite short itineraries which includes some of India's most famous landmarks. The Golden Triangle explores Delhi's Old and New districts, the legendary Taj Mahal and the pink city of Jaipur. If you have a little more time to spare why not add on a few nights at a National Park in search of the elusive Bengal Tiger.
The Chameleon team have arranged many holidays to India over the years and have prepared the following itinerary based on our personal recommendation and experience. This journey is the perfect introduction to India, from the bustling capital of Delhi, through photogenic Rajasthan to the iconic Taj Mahal.
If you have a little more time to spare why not add on a few nights at a National Park in search of the elusive Bengal Tiger?
- Visit some of India's most popular historical and cultural sites
- See the Taj Mahal at Sunrise
- Stay in a former Royal hunting lodge
- Visit the famous pink city of Jaipur
- Day 1. Depart UK
- Depart UK on your overnight flight to Delhi
- Day 2. Delhi
- On arrival settle in to your hotel, followed by an afternoon city tour of Old Delhi, including a Rickshaw ride.
- Day 3. Agra
- After a morning city tour of New Delhi, continue by road to Agra for your 2 night stay.
- Day 4. Agra
- Sunrise Taj Mahal visit, later visit Agra Fort and Baby Taj. Optional sunset visit to Taj Mahal (payable locally)
- Day 5. Jaipur
- En route to Jaipur visit the deserted sandstone city of Fatehpur Sikri
- Day 6. Jaipur
- Full day touring Jaipur including the Amber Fort.
- Day 7.Jaipur
- Free at leisure to explore many of Jaipur's bazaars on your own or take time to relax
- Day 8. Delhi
- Return to Delhi with a stop en-route at Samode, optional sightseeing tour and lunch (payable locally)
- Day 9. Fly to UK
- Return to the UK arriving the same day.
Tailor-made holidays are just that, tailored to your own individual needs, wants and wishes. As such, each trip is different and each price is different. For pricing, we ask that you discuss your individual requirements with our travel specialists so that they may provide you with a ballpark figure, or a detailed itinerary and quotation. So, for a price, please just get in touch.
Chameleon Tailor Made are experts in helping people arrange their perfect holiday, think of it as a ‘made-to-measure’ service.
If this suggested itinerary has inspired you, please click below to provide us with some basic information about yourself. We will then use this information to present you with a personalised quotation which we believe matches what you are looking for, as well as making further recommendations.
GET A QUOTE
Forts and Palaces
Experience life from a bygone era. India's forts…
The mighty peaks of the Himalayas are regarded as…
Kerala is famed for its backwaters and beaches.…
Visit Agra's highlight and one of the wonders of…
Real life experiences with wild tigers. The…
The cultural capital of India. Varanasi is the…